This page is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc.
- # announcements (10)
- # aws (1)
- # babashka (12)
- # babashka-sci-dev (6)
- # beginners (46)
- # biff (11)
- # calva (38)
- # clerk (4)
- # clj-kondo (50)
- # cljs-dev (8)
- # cljtogether (1)
- # clojure (82)
- # clojure-doc (1)
- # clojure-europe (35)
- # clojure-nl (1)
- # clojure-norway (46)
- # clojure-spec (3)
- # clojure-uk (1)
- # clojurescript (37)
- # conjure (10)
- # cursive (1)
- # datalevin (2)
- # datomic (3)
- # fulcro (13)
- # honeysql (36)
- # hyperfiddle (73)
- # malli (15)
- # membrane (16)
- # off-topic (28)
- # pathom (6)
- # polylith (2)
- # reagent (14)
- # releases (2)
- # rum (5)
- # shadow-cljs (50)
- # sql (6)
- # tools-build (10)
- # xtdb (6)
Kaocha 1.79.1270 is out, with (drum roll), Babashka compatibility! Kaocha is a comprehensive test runner, containing everything you would expect from modern test tooling. This is the eight Kaocha release this year, with many thanks to Clojurists Together and Gaiwan for the financial support. https://github.com/lambdaisland/kaocha
CHANGELOG for recent releases (combined)
• Kaocha is now compatible with Babashka. Running under Babashka is most useful
for validating your Clojure code runs correctly on Babashka, but it may also
be faster for some test suites because of reduced start up time.
• Fix issue with
--watch and Neovim by bumping Beholder to
• Fix bug causing namepaces to not be loaded if an alias was already created for them using
kaocha.repl/config accepts a
:profile key when specifying extra options.
• Configuration errors and circular dependencies are reported as warnings,
rather than causing the entire watcher to crash. (thanks
• Fix bug added in https://github.com/lambdaisland/kaocha/issues/384:
assertions in the tail position of an each fixture would return the result
of the assertion instead of the testable object with the merged report data.
• Dependency version bumps
kaocha.plugin.capture-output/bypass macro, for temporarily bypassing output
• Circular dependencies in watch mode no longer kills the process. (thanks
• Ensure reloading errors are printed in watch mode when the first test suite is disabled.
• Using a try-catch (without rethrowing) in an
:each fixture could swallow
thrown exceptions, resulting in a test being treated as passing when it should
have been reported as an error. Fixed by changing how
:each fixtures wrap
the test function in execution. (thanks
• Fix crash on Windows when using
--watch with the default Beholder watcher.
• Documentation fixes and improvements
Please keep an eye out and report any regressions, the babashka compatibility involved a number of changes. We've tried to tread carefully, but regressions are possible.
Glad to help! Kaocha is a fun codebase
https://github.com/clojure/tools.namespace v1.4.2 • Fixes https://clojure.atlassian.net/browse/TNS-59 - Handle source files without ns declaration
Crossposting from the #datomic cave to announce the release of Datomic Cloud 990-9202! https://clojurians.slack.com/archives/C03RZMDSH/p1677588991568569
Cognitect Labs' https://groups.google.com/g/clojure/c/1XWFUT78ZCs/m/e8PrS3B1AQAJ is out > • ensure that we only read InputStream request bodies once https://github.com/cognitect-labs/aws-api/issues/231h/t @jetmind > • convey :document types in response payloads https://github.com/cognitect-labs/aws-api/issues/232
The general Fulcrologic statecharts library now has official integration support for Fulcro.
This allows you to use state charts to drive the logic around groups of components and their I/O while being tightly integrated with the advanced graph and mutation support of Fulcro itself. This extension does not add Fulcro as a dependency of statecharts itself, so of course you can continue using the base statecharts in any CLJC application.
I did remove
guardrails protections from the latest release, after discovering that the spec checking it was doing was causing considerable performance problems in dev (but not in production).
Babashka https://github.com/babashka/fs: file system utility library for Clojure 📁
Changes in the last month:
• https://github.com/babashka/fs/issues/67: add
:path-fn options to
• https://github.com/babashka/fs/issues/89: change default in
walk-file-tree from throwing to continue-ing, which works better for
match. You can still throw by providing your own
• https://github.com/babashka/fs/issues/85: add helpers to generate common XDG paths (https://github.com/eval)
https://github.com/babashka/babashka: Native, fast starting Clojure interpreter for scripting
• Use GraalVM 22.3.1 on JDK 19.0.2. This adds virtual thread support. See https://twitter.com/borkdude/status/1572222344684531717.
• Expose more
• Add more
java.time and related classes with the goal of supporting https://github.com/juxt/tick (https://github.com/juxt/tick/issues/86)
• Compatibility with https://github.com/lambdaisland/kaocha test runner
• https://github.com/babashka/babashka/issues/1496: Add
Join #babashka for details.