Fork me on GitHub

I'm having trouble getting going with Babashka support in Cursive 1.12.2-eap3-2021.3. Following the guide at I've added the Babashka facet to the only module in a barebones deps.edn based project, but I notice the External Library node its added is empty, which doesn't match the screenshots in the guide. When I mark any file as a Babashka script, all forms show as unresolved. Possibly related, Cursive didn't find my bb installation, so I had to type in the "path to bb cmd" when adding the facet: /home/linuxbrew/.linuxbrew/bin/bb


I found that adding the deps to the external library was a bit flakey (it’s an IntelliJ problem, I think), but that closing and reopening the project usually fixed it. Does that help your case?


Sadly no, closing and re-opening the project brings no improvement. I've tried adding the Babashka facet in various projects but all exhibit the same issue, where the "Babashka" External Library node is shown but appears empty. Cursive is totally happy with all my regular deps.edn Clojure projects, so I'm sure the deps part is configured and working OK in my Cursive setup. Is perhaps Cursive unhappy with my bb installation? I installed bb using the Linux version of brew.


On the command line, if you do bb print-deps --format deps what does that show?


❯ bb print-deps --format deps
 {selmer/selmer {:mvn/version "1.12.44"},
  org.clojure/clojure {:mvn/version "1.11.0-alpha4"},
  org.clojure/tools.logging {:mvn/version "1.1.0"},
  org.clojure/tools.cli {:mvn/version "1.0.206"},
  rewrite-clj/rewrite-clj {:mvn/version "1.0.699-alpha"},
  {:git/url "",
   :git/sha "52a6037bd4b632bffffb04394fb4efd0cdab6b1e"},
  hiccup/hiccup {:mvn/version "2.0.0-alpha2"},
  org.clojure/data.xml {:mvn/version "0.2.0-alpha6"},
  org.clojure/data.csv {:mvn/version "1.0.0"},
  com.taoensso/timbre {:mvn/version "5.1.2"},
  com.cognitect/transit-clj {:mvn/version "1.0.324"},
  babashka/babashka.curl {:mvn/version "0.1.1"},
  clj-commons/clj-yaml {:mvn/version "0.7.107"},
  cheshire/cheshire {:mvn/version "5.10.2"},
  org.clojure/core.match {:mvn/version "1.0.0"},
  org.clojure/test.check {:mvn/version "1.1.1"},
  babashka/fs {:mvn/version "0.1.2"},
  nrepl/bencode {:mvn/version "1.1.0"},
  org.clojure/core.async {:mvn/version "1.5.648"},
  http-kit/http-kit {:mvn/version "2.5.3"}},
 :paths ["scripts"]}


Also, in case it helps:

❯ cat bb.edn
{:paths ["scripts"]}

❯ cat deps.edn
{:paths ["src"]
 :deps {org.clojure/clojure {:mvn/version "1.10.3"}}}


Thanks, I’ll try to repro that.

gratitude-thank-you 2