Fork me on GitHub
Oliver George00:10:14

Not sure if this is off topic. Tell me if I should delete it... IntelliJ users of the world unite! We need a "git grep" style search feature. Vote here:

Jeff Evans16:10:32

I +1ed it. Would be useful.

👍 1

Hi, I am not sure if this is a Cursive issue or an Idea issue, but I cannot find any good answers anywhere so here goes. I am working on a project that has multiple different repos in it, and 2 of them are common helpers which are used in the other repos through symlinks and all of this works fine, but when I start Idea it automatically adds the symlinked folders as source roots in the module settings to the common modules. This breaks the source roots and go to definitions everywhere, so every time I start Idea I need to go to the module settings and click to remove the excess content roots. Has anyone else ran into an issue like this and if so, did you manage to fix it?


Sorry for the delay with this, no, I’ve never heard of anything like that sorry. Do your other repos have the symlinks marked as source roots? i.e. in my head it looks like this: module 1 has src marked as a source root, but that’s actually a symlink pointing to module 2 src dir. The problem is that the directory in module 2 is actually the one that gets marked. Is that right?


Are you using deps, lein or something else?


Aa hey, sorry for taking some time to get back to you, we are using lein, and the structure is like modules: • common • ui • desktop (actual project that's running a repl) • management (another separate project running a repl) So the common and ui modules/projects are symlinked under the desktop and management projects under a folder called "checkouts" which is then excluded in the main module settings of each, so we don't have to run lein installs to get the changes made in these shared projects. And the symlinks are not marked as source roots, but the folders where the symlink is pointing to is used as a source root in the common and ui modules. I realise now that this is pretty hard to explain, as I don't have total understanding of why this is setup the way it is, and I don't have a lot of experience wrestling with Idea modules.


Aa and i've just figured out that the checkouts structure is a leiningen feature where leiningen knows to fetch the used dependency from there instead and that should help if you're developing the said dependency at the same time.