This page is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc.
- # admin-announcements (3)
- # arachne (8)
- # beginners (5)
- # boot (52)
- # braveandtrue (4)
- # cider (17)
- # cljsrn (1)
- # clojure (36)
- # clojure-dusseldorf (2)
- # clojure-india (1)
- # clojure-russia (30)
- # clojure-uk (1)
- # clojurebridge (1)
- # clojurescript (47)
- # clojutre (1)
- # component (1)
- # core-async (3)
- # cursive (5)
- # datascript (1)
- # datomic (4)
- # emacs (1)
- # error-message-catalog (62)
- # garden (3)
- # hoplon (16)
- # jobs (5)
- # luminus (11)
- # mount (1)
- # om (32)
- # onyx (17)
- # spacemacs (4)
- # untangled (20)
- # yada (4)
I have a naive question. I’ve made an uberjar, but every time I try to run it (java -j myuberjar.jar) it just starts the repl.
I’m not a java guy, but I don’t understand what would you want that uberjar to do in clojurescript context. Are you using leiningen?
I’ve been googling and I can’t find anywhere that tells me what I need to do to package it up.
I assume it needs the html as well as the compile js. Is there a tool for deploying a cljs web site?
If you’re curious about stats for Replete (iOS ClojureScript REPL), here they are: (That’s right, no crashes!): http://blog.fikesfarm.com/replete-stats.png
I personally like reagent and reframe because I prefer frp however, om next and rum are both fantastic choices as well. maybe try making a simple app in each and see which one fits your mental model the best?
Has anyone here been able to successfully use
cljsjs/react-dom-server on Node.js? I’m trying it out and am encountering a Node.js module problem:
1. When I compile any CLJS code that uses both
cljsjs/react-dom-server (versions 15.0.1-1), with CLJS-compiler option
2. and then run the code in Node.js,
cljs.react.dom.server is required,
4. line 16 of
out/react-dom-server.inc.js is run,
5. which causes Node.js to attempt to run
6. which Node.js then fails to find, throwing the error
Error: Cannot find module ‘react’.
The responsible line is the fifth one (when copyright is excluded) in https://github.com/facebook/react/blob/master/vendor/react-dom-server.js#L5.
I suppose I could put a root-level
package.json, with a dependency on
react’s NPM package, into my compiler-output folder…but that strikes me as kind of weird and convoluted.
What do people who use
I'm trying to get
optimizations:none to work in my chrome extension. The trick is to get Closure to load stuff from the right places. The obvious thing to do was to set
asset-path to the chrome extension URL, like "chrome-extension//[some-id]". That sort of works in that it finds and loads my
cljs_deps file. The problem is that that file looks like:
In other words, it seems to assume that
goog.adddependency("base.js", ['goog'], ); goog.adddependency("../cljs/core.js", ['cljs.core'], ['goog.string', 'goog.object', 'goog.string.stringbuffer', 'goog.array']); //more stuff
cljs_depsis in the
googsubdir. Does providing an absolute URL for
asset-pathjust not work, or am I missing something obvious?
@isaac_cambron: All I can add is that all of the
:none environments I’ve worked with end up having to cope with that directory structure.
Meaning, I’ve had to specifically add tiny bits of code in each thing to accommodate it. In other words, what you are seeing is a real thing, FWIW.
Here is one small example where
goog crops up (they all end up involving something along these lines): https://github.com/omcljs/ambly/blob/master/ObjectiveC/src/ABYContextManager.m#L145
that's disheartening. i was hoping you'd say "You're just misunderstanding how closure loads code. Do this one obvious thing."
I think this may be the same… but it has been over a year since I’ve looked at this bit of code: https://github.com/clojure/clojurescript/blob/master/src/main/clojure/cljs/repl/node.clj#L124
It typically involves an extra
”goog” and then things like
”../“ take care of popping back out of it and it all pans out in the end.
yeah, I must be missing something. The compiler goes out of its way to remove that
@isaac_cambron: not sure what is your exact issue without providing full project.clj - in my sample extension project I didn’t have any issues using leiningen + cljsbuild in both dev and release modes, using relative
Cool, I'll check it out (though I'm not using Leing). I'm increasingly confident my issue is some of the build wackiness I'm doing, which is reassuring, actually