This page is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc.
- # announcements (10)
- # babashka (4)
- # beginners (98)
- # cider (47)
- # clara (6)
- # clj-kondo (16)
- # clojure (54)
- # clojure-australia (3)
- # clojure-berlin (3)
- # clojure-czech (2)
- # clojure-europe (77)
- # clojure-nl (4)
- # clojure-uk (12)
- # clojuredesign-podcast (6)
- # clojurescript (10)
- # conjure (56)
- # crux (1)
- # cursive (3)
- # data-science (6)
- # datascript (8)
- # datomic (213)
- # depstar (5)
- # events (1)
- # figwheel-main (2)
- # fulcro (23)
- # graalvm (2)
- # jobs (3)
- # london-clojurians (1)
- # malli (30)
- # meander (15)
- # midje (1)
- # mount (5)
- # off-topic (18)
- # re-frame (4)
- # reitit (15)
- # remote-jobs (1)
- # shadow-cljs (23)
- # spacemacs (10)
- # specter (1)
- # tools-deps (88)
- # vim (16)
what's the right way to make a change to .dir-locals.el and have variable be set in the currently open files?
for example, line 5 here: https://gitlab.com/ozzloy/figserv/-/blob/master/.dir-locals.example.el#L5 is supposed to start my server when starting cider.
this may have something to do with me having
.dir-locals.el as a symlink to
.dir-locals.example.el, that's just a guess though.
Easiest is probable restarting emacs. There’s a function “hack-local-variables” that might help as well. Check out the documentation on that
@ozzloy_clojurians_net Reverting the buffer or reopening the same file has always loaded in the .dir-locals.el file for me. Although I have never tried using a symlink.
sorry, that was scattered. i tried again without symlink and just copied the
.dir-locals.el and that didn't work. i then tried killing the help buffer that displays the value of the variable, and then re-doing
C-h v variable-name and then i finally got the new value displayed.
but now i have a different problem. i added "--init src/fyi/tuwo/figserv/server.clj" to the clojure command line and now it's looking for a file named "-Sdeps", here's the messages buffer: https://www.appdevtools.com/pastebin/FCGXrp
i'm trying putting the --init src/... at the end, that didn't fail in the same way when i ran it in bash
@ozzloy_clojurians_net It sounds like the auto-injected configuration that
cider-jack-in uses is conflicting with the alias set in the
.dir-locals.el configuration. Assuming you can connect to the project without Cider injecting the extra dependencies, then you can disable them using the following in a
The Clojure project will need to include the cider-nrepl library or have that library included in the alias used to start the project, for example http://practicalli.github.io/clojure/clojure-tools/data-browsers/rebl-data-visualization.html#run-rebl-for-nrepl-based-editors
((clojure-mode . ((cider-preferred-build-tool . clojure-cli) (cider-clojure-cli-global-options . "-M:lib/cider-nrepl:inspect/rebl:middleware/nrebl") (cider-jack-in-dependencies . nil) (cider-jack-in-nrepl-middlewares . nil) (cider-jack-in-lein-plugins . nil) (cider-clojure-cli-parameters . ""))))
@jr0cket & @dpsutton i'm trying to make play a game of bingo with my grampa, and other family. http://bingo.challenge-bot.com/ is what i have so far. it serves an isolated bingo game to each person that connects. i'd like to sync multiple players up by having them share the called numbers. i'm currently trying to do that with sente
i'm thinking sente can make it so the server knows the current called numbers and push that out to the players. and there can be a master player in charge of adding numbers to the list of called numbers
I assume you mean this project (and not the anti-aging skin care) https://github.com/ptaoussanis/sente
current code for the bingo game is here: https://gitlab.com/ozzloy/b1ng0/ but right now i'm working on a throwaway thing just to learn the libs (sente, compojure, ring etc)
i'm not married to sente. if there's a way that someone knows that is easier, i'm down to try.
Is it expected that CIDER (emacs) and cider-nrepl (leiningen plugin) are now out of sync? CIDER is on 0.26 and cider-nrepl is on 0.25.4.
yes they are no longer in lockstep
in cider.el line 408
(defconst cider-required-middleware-version "0.25.3" "The CIDER nREPL version that's known to work properly with CIDER.")
Sweet. That's kind of what I figured. It was nice to connect to the REPL and not get the big scary "YOUR VERSIONS MISMATCH HEATHEN REBEL SCUM!" message. 😂
> Prior to CIDER 0.18, CIDER and cider-nrepl were always released together and their versions had to match for things to work (e.g. CIDER 0.15 required cider-nrepl 0.15). But as the prominence of cider-nrepl grew and many other tools started using it, the two projects evolved separately and are no longer in tight lock-step. Usually, any recent version of cider-nrepl should be (mostly) compatible with a recent version of CIDER. You can check the required version of cider-nrepl for your version of CIDER by looking at cider-required-middleware-version.
(from the docs https://docs.cider.mx/cider/0.26/basics/middleware_setup.html)
Thanks for your tireless efforts, @bozhidar! Although I still wish my logo had been accepted for the project. 😜
LOL. The Internet Is Awesome. https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider/issues/399#issuecomment-27913728
My favorite comment was @bozhidar telling me how it looked like a frozen chicken! 😂 https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider/issues/399#issuecomment-27909759