Fork me on GitHub

Yeah, in the beginning the command was much shorter and the ... were there to indicate it’s going to take a while for nREPL to start.


ah. that's why i thought it was truncated as well


All of the code/configuration about the jack-in commands is in cider.el currently, although this probably won’t be the case for long.


The message used to be first simply Starting nREPL..., then it became Starting nREPL via lein..., then Starting nREPL via lein repl... and so it became really long after we started auto-injecting the deps as we had to craft an awfully long command.


I always looked at . . . as a "waiting" indicator.


http://{www,docs,}. should all point to the readthedocs page now @bozhidar


@arrdem currently redirects to your blog 🙂


Also seems to be some redirect to rtd, instead of a CNAME.


Hi sirs, I am having a hard time with the recent version.


I was using the 0.14.0 for quite sometime. A year i think.


I notice a difference that really get on my nerve.


(range 1 102) (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...)


Notice the ... at the end


This goes terribly with spit, as anything that i spit will be truncated and have a ... at the end


@kambiing I guess you didn’t read the changelog. 😉


At some point we started setting the *print-length* to avoid the problems people faced when they dumped a huge data structure in the REPL.


@gonewest818 is working on a more robust solution for this, hopefully we’ll introduce this soon.


In the mean time you just just disable the *print-length* (which is 100 by default).


I’m still puzzled why someone decided that this should affect spit, though. Seems really odd.


i did a workaround by rewriting the spit yesterday to write line by line 🤤. anyway thanks for the reply sir.


I like to do:

(defn pretty-spit
  "Same args as spit"
  [f content & options]
  (assert f "You're trying to spit to an unnamed file!")
  ( f)
  (binding [*print-namespace-maps* false
            *print-length* 100000]
    (apply spit f
           (with-out-str (ppr/pprint content))


Makes for nice readable files.


You’re welcome!


this bit of code will return random docstrings of defcustoms. This would be a nice addition to the startup message i think

(let* ((customs (seq-filter (lambda (entry)
                              (not (eq (nth 1 entry) 'custom-group)))
                            (get 'cider 'custom-group)))
       (max (length customs))
       (elt (random max))
       (thing (car (nth elt customs))) )
  (list thing (get thing 'variable-documentation)))


@dpsutton We can probably integrated something like this with cider-tips.


I was messing around with cider dependencies in emacs/lein profiles.clj and now for some reason the C-c M-n switch to namespace command isn't working at all, and doesn't show up in the describe-mode docs. Everything else seems to be working. Does this sound like a familiar issue to anyone


Just started seeing this too, no idea why. I get a message saying No cljs REPLs found. Have you linked a session? when I try to run switch to namespace.


Just noticed that the emacs buffer name shows as *cider-repl nnn(clj)* although it is a cljs repl. Pretty sure this is new, I clearly remember locating the correct buffer in the past by looking for the (cljs) Maybe cider is also looking for the cljs repl by buffer name. renaming the buffer doesn't fix this.


@bozhidar I couldn't use cnames because it lead to ssl cert issues. if you can configure readthedocs to use a "real" ssl cert for then the cname will work. otherwise I suggest we stick with the current redirect.


will try to debug the failure to redirect tho, may just be a caching thing in your browser unfortunately. I was issuing 302 moved permanently for a while and that was a mistake.


> @bozhidar I couldn’t use cnames because it lead to ssl cert issues. if you can configure readthedocs to use a “real” ssl cert for then the cname will work. otherwise I suggest we stick with the current redirect.


That’s not supported there - you’re http-only when using this feature, but I think it’s perfectly fine for site of this type.


It’s more flexible to just deploy the mkdocs site directly to GH pages, but you lose the automated builds, which are quite handy.


Probably something like this can be setup as a CI job, but dealing with the credentials is always a bit of a hassle.