This page is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc.
- # arachne (108)
- # beginners (16)
- # boot (48)
- # cider (34)
- # cljs-dev (12)
- # clojure (237)
- # clojure-spec (50)
- # clojure-uk (5)
- # clojurescript (8)
- # cursive (1)
- # datascript (2)
- # datomic (6)
- # defnpodcast (1)
- # emacs (1)
- # fulcro (7)
- # hoplon (1)
- # keyboards (1)
- # off-topic (22)
- # re-frame (26)
- # reagent (2)
- # specter (16)
- # unrepl (6)
- # yada (1)
I can see Arachne Figwheel notifying the browser about CSS in the webjar, but I can't import SASS.
I've not worked on this side project much, and have been focussed on the SASS side of things for the last half hour or so.
If I can get SASS working I want to see about cache busting (I've used Optimus in the past).
I'm hoping to get some time to dig into the fileset file exhaustion stuff this week, but I'm pretty busy with client work and stuff.
Tell me about it. I confess I’m finding it difficult to do maintenance/support and also maintain forward progress on the framework itself.
I'd think getting a few more people using the thing for hobbies/client work would be a solid start.
I found myself trying to convince someone that Arachne was worth another look. There were some interesting misconceptions about what Arachne really is I think.
yeah. And in my experience talking about it doesn’t seem to make too much of a dent. So my goal has been to finish up enough pieces that it clicks for people when they check it out
since the value you can derive from it is multiplicative with the number of existing modules you’re able to use
All it would take (in my opinion) is showing a dev and production build of a minimal SPA.
The data store stuff is important so you can show some CRUD, and I’d like to demo some deployment stuff as well
Unfortunately, that's a significant undertaking because I think you need to demonstrate: - Server-side rendering - cljs compilation - Shared routing logic - Testing of both client and server - …
It's easy enough for someone to do the CRUD piece the way they already do in Ped. interceptors/handlers.
And the really hard part (for me at least) is the list above and a good dev experience. Not so much error messages as solid code reloading (tools namespace does not mix with cljs and Boot right now for example).
striking a balance between polishing what I’ve got already and realizing the full vision
for example I’ve got some really cool data model stuff in the works. I hear what you’re saying about persistence, but this other stuff will be very attractive when I can get it going, and in line with the core vision.
The 20% can be done by people who get it and join in. The other modules come I guess on demand.
Defining Datomic schema from a unified representation, and then a sync. layer between client and server? Something not dissimilar to Replakativ?
There's a lot of boilerplate synchronising state. om.next has an interesting pattern that allows you to generate subscriptions from a view…
it looks right, but it’s been long enough since I messed with this that I’m trying to replicate before I get comfortable
I'm not wedded to any particular SASS framework, but want to show the asset pipeline working with third-party deps without needing NPM etc.
having trouble running your app though; loaded a repl with
bin/repl, when I try to load your
dev/user.clj I get
CompilerException java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resolve symbol: face in this context, compiling:(NO_SOURCE_PATH:4:68)
Sorry! Rough edges here too apparently. I think that script uses
deps.edn directly via
clj but I needed Leiningen to get Arachne up and running.
yeah I’m working on fixing that this week, I’d like Arachne to be usable fully from clojure deps
I need to take better notes! I got reasonably far but couldn’t get a decent REPL running from Emacs. Maybe UNREPL with help.
Ha. Cool, thanks. I may be in bed by the time you fix things, but will check in here tomorrow AM if I don’t hear back.
@jcf btw I’m having some weird artifact errors, you aren’t using a forked version of Arachne itself by any chance are you?
I slurp the
project.clj, which may cause some oddness, and I have installed versions of various Arachne libs into my local Maven repo…
BTW, I think it's Leiningen that complains about no HTTPS on the Arachne Frog-repo thing you're using.
yeah, that repo is kind of a quick and dirty solution since I didn’t want to shove a ton of alpha stuff into Clojars. I didn’t realize lein started enforcing that
I’ll probably move to git deps instead soon, since that does the same thing with fewer moving parts
basically I wanted to emulate the benfeits of git deps before those existed by continuously releasing every commit
still need to replicate that issue, but hopefully that’ll be easy once I have your project up and running
Just need to verify that I can get the Zurb bits. I've got a CSS file being served by ped assets now.
@luke I think something like this will fix the problem, although maybe improving error messages will help as well. https://github.com/arachne-framework/enterprise-spa/pull/5
one thing on my near-term roadmap is to build a “project browser” that will make that kind of thing more evident
if the open files issue causes you trouble again, please open an issue on https://github.com/arachne-framework/arachne-fileset with steps to reproduce (including SHA of a sample project if you have one). I really want to get that that one nailed down.
@luke I can't reproduce the fd leak at the mo. I've just watched my open file count go from
7000 down to 1000.
Not sure if that's because I'm running a REPL via
lein repl rather than by jacking in with Cider.